Novartis was founded in December 1996 by the merger of two successful international Swiss-owned companies with complementary product lines – Ciba-Geigy Ltd. and Sandoz Ltd.
Novartis is one of the world's leading healthcare companies. We are committed to improving the well being of people by creating products in the areas of pharmaceuticals, eye-care, and generics.
2. What does the name Novartis mean?
Novartis comes from the Latin term “novae artes”, which means "new arts" or "new skills". In essence, Novartis means utilizing scientific research, imagination, and new technologies to provide ever-greater benefits for humankind.
3. What does the Novartis Group invest annually in global R&D?
Our annual sales are approximately USD 41.5 billion and our investment in research and development last year was over USD 7.2 billion.
5. Is Novartis a global enterprise?
Yes. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Novartis Group operates in more than 140 countries around the world.
6. How many employees does the Novartis Group have worldwide?
The Novartis Group employs approximately 119,000 people worldwide.
7. Where can I find information on Novartis shares?
13. What specialties does the Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. research team encompass?
Each year, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. conducts clinical trials at hundreds of sites across the country, involving thousands of patients, researchers, and investigators. Notable among these studies are those seeking new treatments for
Irritable bowel syndrome
Allergies "bone diseases"
Different types of cancer
14. How can I apply for a grant or donation from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada?